This year's nominees -- which make up the organization's 50th annual list -- include the following toys and reasonings for their inclusion, according to a W.A.T.C.H. news release:
- Cocomelon Musical Learning Watch: Potential For Battery Ingestion Injuries!
- Disney Raya’s Action & Adventure Sword: Potential For Blunt Force and Eye Injuries!
- Li’l Woodzeez Tickle-Your-Taste-Buds Bakery: Potential For Choking Injuries!
- Zeus Lion: Potential For Ingestion/Aspiration Injuries!
- Dingray Musical Bath Toy: Potential For Ingestion and Choking Injuries!
- Ooze Labs Chemistry Station: Potential For Chemical-Related Injuries!
- Bunny Rabbit Cuddly Pillow: Potential For Suffocation!
- Pop’n Fidget Spinners: Potential For Choking Injuries!
- Nerf Pro Gelfire Mythic Blasters: Potential For Eye and Facial Injuries!
- Black Panther Wakanda Battle Claws: Potential For Eye and Facial Injuries!
"Toy safety remains a critical concern during this holiday season as evidenced by recent recalls, injuries, and the wide range of potential hazards found in toys available for purchase this year," W.A.T.C.H. said in its news release.
The organization demonstrated why several of the toys were included in their news conference on Wednesday.
An estimated 198,000 toy-related injuries were reported in the United States in 2020 and which 51 children's deaths connected to toy-related incidents from 2018 to 2020, W.A.T.C.H. reported citing U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission data.