Ana Walshe's Husband Threatened To Kill Her In 2014, Police Report Says

Photo: @AnaWalshe/Instagram

Brian Walshe, the husband of Ana Walshe charged with misleading authorities in the investigation into her disappearance, allegedly threatened to kill her and her friends in 2014, according to a police report obtained by NBC News on Thursday (January 13).

The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department report didn't mention Brian Walshe, 47, by name, however, an agency spokesperson confirmed to NBC News that he was the unidentified person reported to have threatened Ana Walshe, 39, during a phone call at the time of the incident, which took place before they were married.

No charges were filed against Brian Walshe as Ana Walshe refused to cooperate with the investigation, according to the spokesperson.

The case for the incident was closed and no additional details were made available, according to NBC News.

Brian Walshe was criminally charged with misleading investigators in the case of his wife, who was reported missing by her coworkers on January 4.

On Tuesday (January 10), law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that a hacksaw, torn-up cloth material and what appears to be bloodstains were reportedly found during a police search linked to Walshe's disappearance.

Investigators were searching through the trash of a Peabody transfer station on Monday (January 9) night, which a source with knowledge of the situation told CNN earlier on Tuesday was in relation to the potential remains of the missing woman.

Norfolk County District Attorney's Office said evidence collected at the Peabody transfer station -- which District Attorney Michael Morrissey had previously described as "a number of items" -- would be sent for testing.

The law enforcement sources told CNN that investigators will plan to collect blood samples from Walshe's sons to see if the stains found have a "direct bloodline" sample to any blood found in relation to the case, which also includes blood and a bloodied knife found at Walshe's home.

Norfolk District Attorney's office prosecutor Lynn Beland revealed that the bloody knife was found at the Walshes' home on Monday.

Beland also said Brian Walshe claimed he took his child to get ice cream on January 2, however, surveillance video instead shows he purchased $450 worth of cleaning supplies at Home Depot that day, which included mops, a bucket and tarps.

Crime scene tape was also placed around dumpsters at a Swampscott apartment complex where Brian Walshe's mother lives.

Brian Walshe reportedly told police he visited his mother on January 1, which was the last day he claimed to have seen his wife, according to an affidavit obtained by CNN.

A search warrant obtained by police led to blood and a damaged, bloody knife being found in the basement of the couple's home, according to Beland.

“These various statements caused a delay in the investigation to the point that during the time frame when he didn’t report his wife and gave various statements, that allowed him time to either clean up evidence, dispose of evidence, and causing a delay,” Beland said via CNN.

Brian Walshe's defense attorney said his wife's employer initially reported her disappearance because Walshe had first called them to ask about her whereabouts and claimed he was "incredibly cooperative" with police during multiple interviews and consented to search of his properties.

Brian Walshe, who was previously arrested in 2018 for selling pieces he falsely claimed were part of Andy Warhol's 1978 Shadows series, is currently being held on a $500,00 cash bail and is scheduled to appear at his next hearing on February 9.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content