It's that time of year where, like it or not, Christmas music is everywhere. Some songs you seem to hear close to 700 times before New Year's Eve. A poll was taken in the UK asking, "what is the most annoying Christmas song ever?"
The winner, or loser, Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." Despite the fact that it's the best selling Christmas single by a female artist overall, and that the song was reported to have earned $60 million in royalties, the Brits think it's worse than figgy pudding. The rest of the list goes like this:
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Jingle Bells – Andrews Sisters
Hey! Where's, "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer?"